Relocate from Canada to the USA

Home > International nursing services > Relocate from Canada to the USA

An exciting opportunity for Canadian nurses in the United States

We have an amazing opportunity for Registered Nurses and their families to relocate to the U.S!

Thornbury Nursing supports hospital and clinical facilities across the United States to find nurses from Canada to relocate for a minimum of 2 years, or permanently.

Why work in the United States?

  • Variety of work opportunities across the states
  • Huge demand for nurses
  • Competitive pay rates
  • Great benefits such as 401k (pension), medical, dental and vision insurance

Who can relocate?

Our clients typically look for Emergency Room (ER), Operating Room (OR), Medical/Surgical, Telemetry, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Cath Lab, PACU, Neonatal ICU, Dialysis and Clinical Trials nurses. We do have positions available for all types of nurses though, so please reach out so we can discuss this with you.

You must have the following to apply for this opportunity:

  • Evidence of completion of your nursing degree
  • Minimum level of experience for your specialty, for example ER Nurses must have a minimum of 12 months’ experience in the last 18 months

Where will I be working?

We work with hospital facilities, urgent care centers and dialysis units across the U.S. We will find you a role that best fits your experience.

How long can I relocate for?

We’re looking for nurses who are willing to relocate for a minimum of 2 years.

How much will I earn?

Pay rates are competitive in the U.S making it a very attractive place for nurses to work. Rates will vary depending on the client you work with as most American facilities pay different rates for each specialty. We’ll discuss this with you when you apply.

What do I need to relocate?

The first stage, before we can submit your VISA application, is for you to obtain a U.S. Registered Nurse (RN) license. This will allow you to initiate the VISA / immigration application.

We will pay for and support you through the VISA process making this as easy as possible for you and your family. Our experienced and dedicated U.S based immigration lawyers will guide you through this process. Our Concierge Service will be with you every step of the way in finding somewhere to live, obtaining a Social Security Number, opening a U.S bank account and answering any questions you have along the way.

Can I bring my family?

Absolutely. We can help with additional VISA applications for family members and can also help to find suitable schools or colleges for any children also relocating.

How long will the process take?

Once you have received a U.S RN license, VISA processing time can vary but we would hope you could relocate within 3 months.

Step by step:

  1. We will discuss the relocation process and ensure this is the right option for you.
  2. Next, you need to obtain an RN license. This is key to being able to work as a nurse and live in the U.S and benefit from the wonderful opportunities and lifestyle on offer. We will provide mentoring and financial support to help you pass.
  3. You may be required to take the IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) which will be fully paid by us.
  4. We will match you with a client within your area of practice.
  5. We will begin your VISA application, as well as any applications for family members also relocating, and help finance these costs as well.
  6. We will help you to find somewhere to live and arrange travel.
  7. We’ll then ensure you have everything you need prior to relocating and a member of the team will be waiting for you at the airport when you arrive!

Most importantly, we will be there to support you every step of the way.

This is a fantastic, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to develop new skills, further your experience and explore the United States.


Complete the form below and a member of the team will be in touch: